This page shows the administration aspects for club members and show the club officials appointed for the 2021 season. Due to the pandemic restrictions the official appointments for 2021 have not yet been subject to AGM formalisation but the day to day aspects are being managed by a small group of appointees shown below. The committee reconvened at Folke on Wednesday 19th May an meet every month, and the notes from the meeting are shown below.
Meet the Committee
This section will identify the committee members for 2021. Although not formalised by the AGM yet the major roles are being carried out by the following people:
Club Captain, Secretary and Handicap Sec: Derek Hinks
Fixture Secretary: Steve Harris
Hardy A Captain: Andy Harris
Hardy B captain: Nigel Bow
3 Counties Captain: Lee Smith
Senior Captain: Terry Cotton
Treasurer: Debbie Hinks
Safeguarding Officer: Mark Maguire
Web Site and Newsletter: Geoff Bannister
Committee Meeting Information
The main points from the committee meeting held on July 14th are as follows:
General Secretary/Captain’s Report
• New Members: The captain was pleased to note that the new members had settled into club competitions very well. One further member since the previous meeting brings the membership total to 107. A secure box will be provided in the club room for new and updates to the membership forms.
• Club Shirts: The take-up of the new shirts has been limited so far. The new shirts will now be shown on the web site. Fifteen shirts have been delivered – 5 medium, 5 large and 5 extra large. The price is £20 per shirt.
• Summer Knockout Competitions The summer knockout competitions were all on schedule. The Veterans final will be between Richard Robinson and Ned Compton-Dart.
• Foursomes Qualifier: Nine pairs have entered so far. The final entry date is 29th July for the competition to be held on July 31st - first tee time is 10:00 am. The winners will play at Broadstone on 2rd October.
• Day Away 2022: Two venues have been suggested for the 2022 Day Away – Wedmore and Isle of Purbeck. Any further suggested venues from members are requested urgently.Quotes for these two venues are to be obtained.
• Flag Pole: Mark Maguire is continuing his work to procure the Flagpole and flags from Hampshire Flags.
• Club Championships: The 2021 Club Championships will be held at Folke on September 5th. The usual format will apply - A 36 hole stroke play competition with the first 18 holes forming the senior’s championships. The committee accepted the Centre price for the course for the day for up to 60 players and confirmation was received from Furlong Catering that the catering facilities will be available. The committee agree to keep the entry costs the same as previous champs at £25 for 36 holes and £15 for the 18 hole senior championships. The costs will include a £5 food voucher for Furlong Catering. The Entry Form will be on the web site shortly.
• No Shows: Members should note that if they enter a competition and then don’t show up on the day, any costs incurred by the club must be paid by the member.
5 Treasurer’s report
The treasurer reported that all on-line banking privileges were now available and all outstanding payments have been made. The balance remains very healthy. The outstanding items are the Weekend Away payments from members and payments to the venue. A charity donation of £40 to Prostate Cancer UK was agreed by the committee.
6 Weekend Away
The deadline for the entry for the Weekend Away is 31st July and the payment of the outstanding balance is Sunday 15th August. Fourteen names have now been confirmed for the visit to Wokefield on Ryder Cup Weekend – September 24th to 26th. The price is £229 for the three days including meals and 2 nights Bed & breakfast.
7 England Golf Grant
We are still required to carry out a Ladies and Juniors Taster Day. The plan, subject to Centre approval, would be use the driving range area and putting green. The suggested date was a Monday at the end of August (not the bank holiday) and further discussions of the arrangements are ongoing.
Breakfast Stableford: Terry Cotton reported that a breakfast stableford would be held on Thursday 29th July. Details will be put on the Senior Page of the web site shortly.
Lockers: The Centre has informed us that the Lockers and Changing rooms will remain closed until further notice.
The next committee meeting is Wednesday 11th August at 6.30pm at Folke Golf Centre. All members are welcome to attend.