This page will show the administration aspects for club members and show the club officials appointed for the 2021 season. Due to the pandemic restrictions the official appointments for 2021 have not yet been subject to AGM formalisation but the day to day aspects are being managed by a small group of appointees shown below. The committee will reconvened at Folke on Wednesday 19th May and the notes from the meeting are shown below.
Meet the Committee
This section shows the committee members for 2021. Although not formalised by the AGM yet the major roles are being carried out by the following people:
Club Captain H/cap & Club Sec: Derek Hinks
Fixture Secretary: Steve Harris
Hardy A Captian: Andy Harris
Hardy B captain: Nigel Bow
3 Counties Captain: Lee Smith
Senior Captain: Terry Cotton
Treasurer: Debbie Hinks
Safeguarding Officer: Mark Maguire
Web Site and Newsletter: Geoff Bannister
The information from the committee meeting held on May 19th are as follows: This was the first committee meeting to be held for many months due to the Covid restrictions. The scheduled January 2021 AGM has not been held and so the committee activities have been addressed by a small quorum of nominated officials. Due to the resignations of the secretary and treasurer, the secretarial roles have been taken on by the Club Captain Derek Hinks.
Debbie Hinks has kindly volunteered to act as treasurer and this was formally proposed by Terry Cotton and her appointment was unanimously agreed by the committee. • The Captain thanked all departing committee members for their service to the club whilst on the committee in particular ex-secretary Peter Gibson and ex- treasurer Stuart Beardsley were highly commended for their contributions.
• He was pleased to see that the club had made good progress in the appointment of Mark Maguire as the Safeguarding officer and in the introduction of the new web site. Mark reported that he had one further course to complete and that formal club safeguarding accreditation was expected to be achieved by the end of the month.
• The new Terminal was working well in the club house and club members have been able to use it with very little problems. The work to update the Honours Boards with the 2020 winners was underway.
• The summer knockout competitions were all on schedule.
• Membership of the club is now 92 including 19 new members. There are 33 members in the senior section. 2021 Calendar
A draft calendar of events was provided to the meeting by Steve Harris. (This can be viewed on the Calendar Page) Comments on the forthcoming events were as follows:
• Club Captains Day will be held on 21 August commencing at 12:00pm
• The partners evening is scheduled for September. Potential catering facilities for this event to be discussed with the centre. • The International Pairs and Daily Mail Foursomes competitions have been cancelled for this year.
• The Hardy A, Hardy B and Three Counties fixtures have all been cancelled. It was hoped that the 3CL Knockout and Freeman Trophies may go ahead and information on this is expected shortly.
• The Folke entry into the DCGU county foursomes will be selected by a competition at Folke on Saturday 31st July, 10:00 am tee off. The winners will represent the club at Broadstone in October.
• The Medal and DCGU for Cat 1,2,3 and 4 will be held on Sunday 13th June. Entry Fee £1.
Weekend Away Thirteen names have been received (with the possibility of going to 16) for the visit to Wokefield on Ryder Cup Weekend – September 24th to 26th. The price is £229 for the three days including meals and 2 nights Bead & breakfast.
Twenty six players have booked for the day away at Orchardleigh on Friday 11th June. Possible venues for the 2022 Day Away are requested. One suggestion received to date is Isle of Wedmore.
AOB • Veterans K/O Trophy: Prior to lockdown trophies for the Veteran’s Winter and Summer Knockouts were being procured but this has not happened. The meeting agreed for Terry Cotton to go ahead with the purchases from House of Glass.
• New club shirts: The orders for new shirts made from the previously selected materials needs to continue especially now that there are several new members and no current stock of shirts. A quotation for shirts similar to the captains shirts previously delivered was obtained by the treasurer and a selection of sizes and material types to be procured will be defined by the committee and a form to order the shirts added to the web site.
• Card Marking: The committee agreed that the informal way of marking cards could continue until 1st July when all Covid restrictions should have been removed.
The next committee meeting is Wednesday 16th June 2021 at 6.30pm at Folke Golf Centre